activemq-users mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ping address wasn't reachable
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 20:05:14 GMT
Are you using the latest (1.5.3) to debug this?

Just to make sure I would be looking at the same git version I need to look at.

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Harrison Tarr
<harrison.tarr@connexta.com> wrote:
> I may very well be misunderstanding.
> But I think my most pressing issue is that since the NetworkHealthCheck is failing, my
servers are not coming up at all, even when they’re supposed to. I have tried to start my
backup (without the ‘master’ node running) and the backup does not start Artemis, because
it can’t ping any address.

> I’m going to investigate further, setting the log level to trace, like Justin recommended.
>
> -Harrison
>
> On 3/2/17, 12:52 PM, "Clebert Suconic" <clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Maybe you're misunderstanding how NetworkHealthCheck works?
>

>     This is required only to make sure your server will not run in case
>     you pull out the network cable.
>
>     So, if you set the ping Address towards apache.org, your server would
>     shutdown itself whenever your internet connection drops or the
>     apache.org is shutdown. it will be pure ping.
>

>     that's just to avoid a backup from activating because the network
>     connection dropped.
>
>     On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Harrison Tarr
>     <harrison.tarr@connexta.com> wrote:
>     > Please find my broker.xml and backup broker.xml attached. They work when I comment
out the “<network-check-list>” but don’t fail-over if I kill the master.
>     >
>     > Regards,
>     >
>     > Harrison Tarr
>     >
>     > On 3/2/17, 12:33 PM, "Clebert Suconic" <clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
>     >
>     >     It is possible to be a bug on windows...
>     >
>     >
>     >     Can you share your settings? I will take a look.
>     >
>     >     On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Harrison Tarr
>     >     <harrison.tarr@connexta.com> wrote:
>     >     > Hello,
>     >     >
>     >     > I’m trying to configure HA using Artemis on a Windows machine. My
coworker was able to get the “network-check-list” to work with a simple list of IPs. We
are using the same broker.xml. When I use it, I get an error in the log that says
>     >     > “08:56:49,975 | WARN  | ca9-d991d17b6f42 | q.artemis.core.server.NetworkHealthCheck
 206 | ogging.jboss-logging | Ping Address /192.30.252.153 wasn't reacheable”
>     >     >
>     >     > The leading “/” in the IP seems suspicious to me. I have tried
using the default ping command, as well as editing it to be just “ping.” I have also tried
with a list or a single IP. I have also verified that the addresses are reachable from the
machine, just the ping fails. Could there be some parsing error on Windows that is prepending
a “/”?

--
Clebert Suconic