activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: general problem with pending messages
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2017 15:51:30 GMT
On 03/30/2017 11:34 AM, ak-dak wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> ok I have tested it out.
>
> I'am using AMQ 5.14.4 for testing:
>
> I have configured the following:
> <kahaDB directory="${activemq.data}/kahadb" enableAckCompaction="true"
> compactAcksIgnoresStoreGrowth="true"/>
>
> My test appliacation creates one pending message and afterwards one message
> for every 10 milliseconds which will be consumed. Unfortunately the kahadb
> folder still increases with log files.
> According to this doc: http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html
>
> ... I expected that producing of log files will be minimised. What's wrong?
>

> --

ACK compaction isn't magic and will only help you in some very specific
cases.  With your use case store growth is going to happen regardless.
You can review the documentation on debugging the KahaDB store to see
what is keeping your logs alive.  A message broker is not a database and
treating it as one is bound to get you into trouble.  If you leave a
live message in one log file it will keep that journal file around until
it is consumed.  As I mentioned before if you have more than one queue
then consider mKahaDB.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121