activemq-users mailing list archives

From titou10 <titou10.tito...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Artemis 2.0: JMS seems to create an address/queue on jmsSession.createProducer() calls
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 12:38:30 GMT
I must admit I'm lost here..

The example is from https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.0.0/address-model.html, section
"Point-to-Point Address multiple
Queues" and there is no question about Topics here

Do you say that q1 is a Topic from a JMS perspective, even if it is attached to an "ANYCAST"
Address?

Quoting the section "Mapping JMS Concepts to the Core API"

"A JMS topic is implemented in core as an address with name=(the topic name) and with a MULTICAST
routing type with zero or more
queues bound to it. Each queue bound to that address represents a topic subscription.Likewise,
a JMS queue is implemented as an
address with name=(the JMS queue name) with an ANYCAST routing type assocatied with it."

Please help me understand the rules to determine if an "Artemis Address" is a JMS Topic or
a JMS Queue and also how to determine if
an "Artemis Queue" is a JMS Topic or a JMS Queue because the definition above is either incomplete
or the assumption on q1 are wrong

Thanks !