activemq-users mailing list archives

From rth <robert.huff...@gmail.com>
Subject Closing a ActiveMQMessageProducer after publishing asynchronously
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:48:26 GMT
I am trying to determine if it is ok to close an ActiveMQMessageProducer
after it has been used to publish a message asynchronously. Presumably
publishing asynchronously uses a separate thread, which could be blocked
(perhaps because of flow control).

So, what happens if the publishing thread closes the producer before the
message was published?

For what it's worth, all my unit tests involving this scenario pass, but I'm
still not convinced.