activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alec Henninger <alechennin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication and client transactions
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 03:28:12 GMT
Thank you very much for your time.

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 10:16 PM Justin Bertram <jbertram@apache.org> wrote:

> > Given I have a broker with for example two backups, configured with
> journal
> > replication (not shared storage), is there a way to guarantee a message
> has
> > successfully replicated before completing a write?
>
> Assuming the message you send is durable then this happens automatically.
> The producer will not receive a reply back from the broker until the
> message has been replicated successfully.

This may be asking a lot, but is it possible to direct me a little bit to
where this is expressed in the code? I've been looking around the client
and server code trying to understand how this is enforced and as far as I
can tell it looks like replication is done asynchronously. I obviously
don't doubt your answer, I'm just trying to understand how it works.