activemq-users mailing list archives

From Pascal Gillet <pascalgil...@ymail.com.INVALID>
Subject No route to host with Artemis HA scale down
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 20:31:16 GMT
Hi,
We are testing Artemis HA in our cloud environment, with UDP discovery and with Live servers
only (scale down).Indeed, we want our JMS client to failover automatically when a server is
stopped or decommisioned, and we consider that we are more concerned with servers being stopped
than server crashes.Our JMS client is configured with the broadcast address of the servers'
group to discover the list of servers to which it can connect (i.g. connectionFactory.myConnectionFactory=udp://231.7.7.7:9876).
As a result, everything works fine and the client switches automatically when a server is
stopped (then restarted), BUT THIS is true as long as the servers remain the same, i.e. with
the same IP address: once the client has discovered the list of the servers, it keeps the
list of IP addresses forever.In our cloud, IP addresses are ephemeral (they are allocated
from a predefined range of IP addresses): an Artemis server can be destroyed then recreated
with a different address. In this case, the list of IPs on the client side is not consistent
anymore, and the client will fail if all the servers are stopped then recreated.
Is it not possible to replay the discovery process on the client side when such conditions
occur? Periodically, or when a number of servers are unreachable (limit / total number of
servers in the cluster)? Or to keep a list of hostnames instead of IP addresses?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Pascal GILLET