activemq-users mailing list archives

From ParkCheolu <myqueen1...@gmail.com>
Subject What data does InactivityMonitor of ActiveMQ see for checking connection availability?
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 01:56:58 GMT
I met the following exception yesterday.

org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive
for too (>30000) long: tcp://127.0.0.1......

The exception was thrown while a queue session's commit method was being
performed. I found out when the exception is thrown on the official website
of activeMQ. It says:

Connections are monitored by:

- Ensuring *data* is read from the connection during the specified time
period (Max Inactivity Duration).
- Writing a KeepAliveInfo message to the connection if no normal activemq
traffic is sent across the connection during the specified time period.
and
Using the default values; if no *data* has been written or read from the
connection for 30 seconds, the InactivityMonitor kicks in. The
InactivityMonitor throws an InactivityIOException and shuts down the
transport associated with the connection.

I understand what it says, I think. But I don't get what *data* is needed to
be sent for InactivityIOException not to be thrown. I think the data does
not mean normal queue massages.

What is the data exactly?

And in addtion, what does the following words mean??

KeepAliveInfo message
normal activemq traffic
Thanks in advance.