activemq-users mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems setting up replicated ha-policy.
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 03:33:30 GMT
Until recently (1.5.0) you would only have the TTL to decide when to
activate backup.

Recently connection failures will also play in the decision to activate it.

So on 1.3.0 you will be bound to the TTL of the cluster connection.

On 1.5.2 ir should work with kill but you would still be bound to TTL in
case of a cable cut or switch of but that's the deal of tcp-ip

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 7:24 AM Gerrit Tambour <Gerrit.Tamboer@crv4all.com>
wrote:

> Forgot to send the attachments!
>

> *From: *Gerrit Tamboer <Gerrit.Tamboer@crv4all.com>
> *Date: *Thursday 26 January 2017 at 13:23
> *To: *"users@activemq.apache.org" <users@activemq.apache.org>
> *Subject *Problems setting up replicated ha-policy.
>

> Hi community,
>

> We are attempting to setup a 3 node Artemis (1.3.0) cluster with an
> active-passive failover situation. We see that the master node is actively
> accepting connections:
>

> 09:52:30,167 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221000:
> live Message Broker is starting with configuration Broker Configuration
> (clustered=true
> ,journalDirectory=./data/journal,bindingsDirectory=./data/bindings,largeMessagesDirectory=./data/large-messages,pagingDirectory=/opt/jamq_paging_data/data)
>
> 09:52:33,176 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221020:
> Started Acceptor at 0.0.0.0:61616 for protocols
> [CORE,MQTT,AMQP,HORNETQ,STOMP,OPENWIRE]
>

> The slaves are able to connect to the master and are reporting that they
> are in standby mode:
>

> 08:16:57,426 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221000: backup Message
Broker is starting with configuration Broker Configuration (clustered=true,journalDirectory=./data/journal,bindingsDirectory=./data/bindings,largeMessagesDirectory=./data/large-messages,pagingDirectory=/opt/jamq_paging_data/data)

> 08:18:38,529 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ221109: Apache ActiveMQ
Artemis Backup Server version 1.3.0 [null] started, waiting live to fail before it gets active

> However, when I kill the master node now, it reports that the master is
> gone , but does not become active itself:
>

> 08:20:14,987 WARN  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.client] AMQ212037: Connection failure
has been detected: AMQ119015: The connection was disconnected because of server shutdown [code=DISCONNECTED]

--
Clebert Suconic