activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: Artemis 1.5.1 clustered consumer not receiving messages in specific circumstances
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 15:41:31 GMT
Can you provide your broker configuration?  It sounds to me like you don't have message redistribution
enabled.

What happens if you start the STOMP consumer on artemis.node.2 and then send a message to
artemis.node.1?

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maciej GaƂkowski" <maciejgalkowski@gmail.com>
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2017 9:31:34 AM
Subject: Artemis 1.5.1 clustered consumer not receiving messages in specific circumstances

I have set up a two node Artemis 1.5.1 cluster, precreated a persistent
queue (jms.queue.testqueue) on both nodes.

Starting both instances, they form a cluster.
1.Using STOMP protocol I send a message to the aretmis.node.1
2. I start STOMP consumer on artemis.node.2, not receiving anything
3. I start STOMP consumer on artemis.node.1, and receive the message I just
sent
4. I stop consumer on artemis.node.1 and send another message from producer
to artemis.node.1
5. The consumer on artemis.node.2 is receiving the message.

My question is:
Why, while having a consumer for the queue on node2,  and a message sent to
node1, the consumer is not receiving anything.  The messages to the
consumer2 are forwarded, only when I first register a consumer for the
queue on node1.

This looks like a bug to me, but I would like to confirm it here first.

Regards,
Maciej