activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: Activemq or Artemis lifecycle events
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2017 20:54:50 GMT
I can only really speak in regards to Artemis as I'm only familiar with it's internals.

You can implement org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.ActivateCallback and pass it to
org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.ActiveMQServer#registerActivateCallback to be notified
of your embedded broker's activation.

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "preben" <preben.asmussen@gmail.com>
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 2:43:21 PM
Subject: Activemq or Artemis lifecycle events

Hi

I'm have a use case where i need simple messaging system embedded in a
spring boot app.

The app. has to be HA, so I want to have 2 instances active for http
requests.
Messaging between the instances is setup as master/slave with kahadb and
shared filesystem.

At the same time there is some logic that can only run on one instance at a
time since it is statefull, calculated, and realtime clock based.

Is there any broker lifecycle events that one can hook into to listen for
broker events. eg. determine which instance becomes master and which slave ?

I was thinking of using such events on app. startup to start the processing
engine on the instance that becomes the master.

Best,
Preben

/Preben