activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: How to persist the producer message before it reach the broker
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 16:34:22 GMT
In ActiveMQ and probably others, it's possible to run an embedded broker
within the client process. The client connects to the embedded broker and
the embedded broker connects to the standalone broker. This allows the
client to continue operating even when a connection to the standalone
broker isn't possible, but it requires a more complicated configuration and
it can mean that messages may disappear from the broker network when the
client disconnects, which might be unacceptable depending on your needs.