activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ failover transport - producers/consumers work on different hosts
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 13:52:19 GMT
You'll probably want to use the priorityBackup option on the failover
transport, to ensure that any long-running connections return to server #1
when it comes back up.
http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html

If you're going to run two standalone brokers for this scenario, they
should be networked, as Mats suggested.  That way it won't matter whether
they are all currently on the same broker or not.  (It's impossible to
guarantee that there won't be at least a brief period where some clients
are on one broker and some on the other, so you'll want to handle that case
no matter what.)  Make sure you read the Stuck Messages section of the page
Mats linked to, for an edge case you'll want to handle.

But you might want to consider running your brokers as a master/slave pair,
which will ensure that everyone is using the same broker because only one
will be active at a time.

Tim