activemq-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Vansevenant <patrick.vanseven...@tvh.com>
Subject A configured queuePrefetch of one in ActiveMQ 5.14.1 with AMQP 1.0 behaves like a queuePrefetch of two.
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2016 22:12:45 GMT
I'm talking about queues with a low message volume and high processing time.
In such a setup is it important that messages are not "heaping up" in the
dispatch queue.
The queueprefetch must be one in order to keep it workable.

I have done some tests with an ActiveMQ 5.14.1 broker and an AMQP consumer
with a
brokerURL configured with a queuePrefetch of one
(jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1).

I have the impression that the queuePrefetch becomes two during the period
that a message
is received and the time the acknowledgement is sent (clientacknowlegde
mode).

The consumer details in the ActiveMQ Web Console tells me that the
"Dispatched Queue"
contains two messages what should maximum be one with a defined
queuePrefetch of one.

Is it possible that the queuePrefetch doesn't work reliable in ActiveMQ
5.14.1 with an AMQP client ?

Patrick

--

**** DISCLAIMER ****

http://www.tvh.com/glob/en/email-disclaimer

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."