activemq-users mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couple of questions regarding Apache Artemis
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2016 19:27:50 GMT
There was a few changes on this last version (1.5.1), that will in
special speed up activation.

you can also use the network-health-detection to determine when a
broker needs to shut down to avoid split brains:
http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.5.1/network-isolation.html

Regarding the update path, you can certainly update the ARTEMIS_HOME
instance when upgrading within minor version (1.5, 1.5.1, 1.6 should
be ok).
When you move to 2.0 you will need to export the data and import. (it
could work, but no one is doing any extensive work to make sure the
same journal will be compatible between 1.x and 2.x). a Major version
usually means some compatibility can be broken.

did I miss answering anything here? I think this covers your
questions.. let me know if you still have questions.