activemq-users mailing list archives

From ripad <david.cas...@innoq.com>
Subject Persist messages in MySQL as text instead of blob
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2016 13:33:36 GMT
Hi all,

I am using ActiveMQ 5.14.1 and a MySQL 5.7 database to persist messages. I
want to change the type of the MSG column in the ACTIVEMQ_MSGS table from
BLOB to some sort of text like TEXT or VARCHAR. But setting the
binaryDataType in the configuration of my persistence adapter (see the XML
snippet below) has no effect - when ActiveMQ recreates the ACTIVEMQ_MSGS
table, the MSG column is still of type BLOB.

This is my current persistence adapter configuration:

<persistenceAdapter>
            <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#mysql-ds"
createTablesOnStartup="true">
                <statements>
                    <statements binaryDataType="TEXT"/>
                </statements>
            </jdbcPersistenceAdapter>
        </persistenceAdapter>

How can I change the type of the MSG column?