activemq-users mailing list archives

From JasonHs <hsiaja...@gmail.com>
Subject Slow failover from primary to backup server
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2016 04:45:57 GMT
Hi all,

I'm running a 2 node Artemis cluster in replication mode. Everything is
running as it should, but we noticed a variance in the time it takes from
the 'backup' server to become 'live' when the primary server goes down. The
failover time can take a short as 10~20 seconds to upto a few minutes.

I tried changing quite a few cluster-connection settings according to the
documentation, but had no luck so far.

Also, is it recommended to run a 3 node cluster to avoid a split brain
scenario where both nodes in a 2-node cluster think they should be 'live' in
a temporary network outage scenario.

Thanks in advance,
Jason