activemq-users mailing list archives

From Adam Whitney <adam.whit...@sony.com>
Subject Re: need help understanding zkSessionTimeout
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 19:50:53 GMT
ok, I've done a little further reading here:
https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperProgrammers.html

and realized that the ZooKeeper server will negotiate the actual timeout
with the client, so even if zkSessionTimeout on the ActiveMQ side is set to
2s ... if the "tick time" on the ZooKeeper server is also 2s then the
minimum timeout is actually 4s ... and I do see that in my logs:

2016-11-02 00:36:40,144 | INFO  | Session establishment complete on server
XXX, sessionid = XXX, negotiated timeout = 4000 |
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn | main-SendThread(XXX:2181)

Notice the "negotiated timeout = 4000"

But that leads me to another question ... I'm seeing log entries entries
like this:
2016-10-31 08:17:39,418 | INFO  | Client session timed out, have not heard
from server in 2953ms for sessionid XXX, closing socket connection and
attempting reconnect | org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn |
main-SendThread(XXX:2181)

Why would the client timeout the session after only 2.9 seconds if the
negotiated timeout was 4s?