activemq-users mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Mina <gm...@connectfirst.com>
Subject Problem With Network of Brokers 5.14.0
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 03:01:03 GMT
Greetings,
I am pretty new to ActiveMQ as we just deployed into our stack.

We had a network of brokers have a significant problem tonight due to (what appeared to be)
a single broker.  2 of the 3 were processing messages OK and the third was queuing up and
not processing messages quickly.  This is for a real-time application and seconds (even milliseconds)
count.

There was absolutely nothing in the log file that was interesting.  I even restarted the “bad”
broker and when it came back online it was behaving identically.  We have persistence completely
disabled and there is not even a kahadb on the file system.

I have attached my config here for one of the brokers (all configs identical except for the
the network config).  If anyone sees anything glaringly obvious, please let me know.  We just
deployed this cluster of servers last Friday.  It has processed hundreds of millions of messages
in the last few days – before it began to misbehave tonight.

ActiveMQ 5.14.0

java version "1.8.0_102"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)

Amazon EC2 Host
CentOS 7
3.10.0-327.10.1.el7.x86_64
4 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2666 v3 @ 2.90GHz