activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ multiple datacentre and multiple apps
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 04:10:10 GMT
I think you'll get the behavior you want with Option 2, but only if there
aren't enough pending messages to fill the dispatch queues of each
connected consumer within the data center, with additional messages left
over.  If the consumers' dispatch queues are full (or if there are no
connected consumers on that data center) and there are still more pending
messages, ActiveMQ will start shipping them to the other data center.

If your application's correct behavior depends on localized consumption,
why network the two data centers at all?  It seems like you get pain with
no gain when using that configuration.

Tim