activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to probe broker's openwire port from an F5 VIP?
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2016 20:49:18 GMT
In my experience, many organizations that put messaging brokers behind
load a balancer eventually take out the load balancer. Generally, less
layers is better, and as Tim noted messaging protocols tend to be
stateful vs stateless and the client -> server uri's already support
failover and retry.

If you want to have a client -> server uri registry, look at the http
discovery protocol. You can point your clients to a web page, pass in a
parameter and get a uri back-- much simpler to manage vs load balancer
solution.