activemq-users mailing list archives

From <Michael.CTR.Taru...@faa.gov>
Subject RE: Problem With Remote Debug OF Message Broker
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 16:11:16 GMT
So I've set my breakpoint in the wrong function of the wrong class?

Michael Tarullo
Contractor (Engility Corp)
Software Engineer
FAA WJH Technical Center
(609)485-5294

-----Original Message-----
From: tbain98@gmail.com [mailto:tbain98@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Tim Bain
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 11:31 AM
To: ActiveMQ Users
Subject: Re: Problem With Remote Debug OF Message Broker

I would expect start() to be called when the broker starts (hence the name) not when a client
connects.  If you really want to debug that method, there is an option you can set on the
debug port that prevents the application from running until a debugger attaches.  You can
find nore details via Google.

I'd recommend figuring out what part of the code you think the problem is in, and set the
breakpoint there.  Don't try to step through the entire codebase looking for the problem;
it'll take too long.  And be forewarned that pausing some of the code becomes a race against
time because there are timeouts on some code paths, and if you take too long it'll time out
and the behavior may change.

Tim