activemq-users mailing list archives

From <Michael.CTR.Taru...@faa.gov>
Subject Problem With Remote Debug OF Message Broker
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 13:41:35 GMT
I have been assigned to track down a problem that requires debugging of the message broker.

For this particular situation we are running version 5.5.1 of ActiveMQ.

I downloaded the source code for version 5.5.1 of ActiveMQ and imported it into an Eclipse
project I created for this purpose.  I then created a remote debugging configuration.  I set
a breakpoint on the first line of code in the start() function of ActiveMQConnection.  I then
start my message broker, start my Eclipse debug configuration and then start a JMS client
app (i.e. message consumer).  I can see from the messages I display in my client (consumer)
app that it makes a connection to the message broker, but the breakpoint is never hit in my
Eclipse debug session.

I selected the start() function because it was the function I was most sure would be called
by simply connecting to the message broker from a client.

Is there something I'm doing wrong to try to walk through the message broker code?  Should
I be setting breakpoints in different classes?

As an additional piece of information for anyone who decides to help with this I am attaching
a screen shot of my Eclipse debugger taken well after my JMS client has connected to the message
broker.  As you will see, the tab in Eclipse that usually displays the source code is empty.

Thanks in advance for helping with this.

Mike

Michael Tarullo
Contractor (Engility Corp)
Software Engineer