activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Messaging for temporary connected systems
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:34:16 GMT
I am looking for a best practice to communicate between a central system
and several remote systems that are only connected for certain time periods.

The remote system sends logs to the central system, the central system
can dispatch batch jobs running on the remote system. The job should
send regular heart beats and also report failure or success.

The core requirement is that all operations should be asynchronous.

So for example when sending a log event the remote system should not
block even if the connection to the central system is not available at
the time. So I am sure that I will need local queueing and some
forwarding mechanism.

Can this be done with activemq? How would such a setup look like?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de