activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rabbitmq component headers
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2016 21:10:51 GMT
Think you meant to send this to the Camel mailing list, not ActiveMQ

On 09/20/2016 04:45 PM, Ismail Emre Kartoglu wrote:
> Hello Camel users,
>
> I have a question regarding the camel-rabbitmq component. The following code sends the
message “test” to exchange “A” with routing key “B”:

> from("timer:test?period=5000").process(new Processor() {
>              @Override
>              public void process(Exchange exchange) throws Exception {
>                  exchange.getOut().setBody("test", String.class);
>                  exchange.getOut().getHeaders().put("rabbitmq.EXCHANGE_NAME", "A”);
  **
>                  exchange.getOut().getHeaders().put("rabbitmq.ROUTING_KEY", "B”);
 **
>              }
>          })
>   .to("rabbitmq://localhost/A?username=guest&password=guest&routingKey=B&threadPoolSize=1&autoAck=false");
>

> However when I comment out the lines with **, the message does not get sent. Is this
an expected behaviour? I found this stack overflow post, essentially discussing the same issue:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22449086/apache-camel-rabbitmq-endpoint-not-creating <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22449086/apache-camel-rabbitmq-endpoint-not-creating>
.

> There is a paragraph at http://camel.apache.org/rabbitmq.html <http://camel.apache.org/rabbitmq.html>
that says

> "Headers are set by the consumer once the message is received. The producer will also
set the headers for downstream processors once the exchange has taken place. Any headers set
prior to production that the producer sets will be overridden.”

> The last sentence seems to suggest that the behaviour I described here is expected. My
question then is would it not make more sense if we did not have to specifically set the headers
in the out message?

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121