activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: Non blocking interceptor for MQTT
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 13:34:39 GMT
You already have a simple way to achieve what you want built in to the broker itself.  Simply
send a non-blocking message from the interceptor which contains the data you need to perform
the computation to a queue and then have a separate client which consumes those messages and
performs the computation.

Another possibility here is to use a non-exclusive divert [1] instead of an interceptor.

Justin

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.3.0/diverts.html

----- Original Message -----
From: "aries.aries" <aries123.aries123@gmail.com>
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:29:19 AM
Subject: Non blocking interceptor for MQTT

Is there a way to have a non-blocking interceptor for MQTT in Artemis?

I am working on a project and basically I intercept incoming MQTT packets
and perform some computations. But this effects the throughput at the
subscriber end as the computations are slightly heavy. Is there a way to
have the interceptor running in parallel so that the computations are done
without effecting the throughput at the subscriber's end? Could someone
please suggest me something on this? Much appreciated.