activemq-users mailing list archives

From mlange <mla...@anwb.nl>
Subject Re: What is the proper way to configure multiple brokers on the same machine in regard to jmx
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 07:12:35 GMT
For no obvious reason, actually...

At first I did not have these parameters, neither on broker1 nor on broker2;
however, upon starting broker1 first, I noticed this line:

JMX consoles can connect to
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi |
org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext | JMX connector

So, I assumed (I know, assumption is the mother of all ehrm... ) there would
be one "overall" process that would kind of redirect connections to the
"real" process, acting like a kind of proxy so to say.

As you can see, broker1 has the same configuration, with port 1099 whereas
port 11099 is the port in the environment file;
I'll remove both parameters in the activemq.xml

So, broker1 now has this managementContext:
            <managementContext createConnector="true"
                useMBeanServer="true"
                createMBeanServer="true"
                />
        </managementContext>

and broker2 now has this managementContext:
      <managementContext>
            <managementContext createConnector="true"
                useMBeanServer="true"
                createMBeanServer="true"
                />
        </managementContext>

Broker1 reports:
JMX consoles can connect to
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi

And broker2:
Failed to start JMX connector Cannot bind to URL
[rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi]: javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException:
jmxrmi [Root exception is java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi]. Will
restart management to re-create JMX connector, trying to remedy this issue.

And, naturally it doesn't connect to the mbean server.