activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: How to configure colocated backup servers for data replication approach
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 15:02:57 GMT
> I was trying to do similar things with data replication provider, but found
> the remaining messages were not processed by the newly elected HA singleton
> provider, and seemed to be lost. I am not sure if this is doable.

You'll have to go into more detail here for me to help further.  A full description of the
use-case, configuration, expected outcome, and actual outcome would be a good place to start.

For the most part the semantics of shared-store and replication are the same, but there are
places where this is not true because (surprise!) the implementations are different.  I'm
not sure you've run into one of those places because I'm not totally clear on what exactly
you're doing.

I mentioned this on the Wildfly forum thread [1] you opened about this issue, but I suppose
it bears repeating.  You're mixing the Wildfly application server's implementation of HA singleton
with Artemis' implementation of HA, and Artemis doesn't have a notion of HA singleton.  You
might be better of splitting Artemis from the application server so each can be configured
as necessary.

Justin

[1] https://developer.jboss.org/thread/271845