activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: To be IOT mqtt middleware server
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 16:55:08 GMT
Are you proposing using ActiveMQ 5.x, or Artemis?  The former doesn't have
the concept of clustering (horizontal scaling is done by making a network
of brokers, but it can be very inelastic scaling depending on your use case
and network topology), and I've never tried it but I'm skeptical that a
single broker could handle a million concurrent consumers.  I believe
Artemis has the concept of clustering, but I personally don't know anything
about that feature.  Kafka is another product that many people use for
horizontal scalability in a messaging middleware solution.

Tim