activemq-users mailing list archives

From yogimogi <yogesh.ket...@vyomlabs.com>
Subject Secured Message Broker: Issue with ActiveMQ Admin Console App
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 05:49:57 GMT
Hello All,
I am using ActiveMQ 5.13.0. I secured access to broker by using
simpleAuthenticationPlugin. I have also used necessary setting to make sure
credentials-enc.properties file is getting used. I am using
ACTIVEMQ_ENCRYPTION_PASSWORD environment variable to keep the encryption
key. Let us say that I have secured broker with username "yogesh" and
password "yogesh123". Now any Java client I write which connects to broker
over tcp transport needs to use this username/password combination and all
is working well.

Admin Console is accessible at http://localhost:8161/admin.
/jetty-realm.properties/ file governs access to admin console and it has
below entry
admin: admin, admin
 So to access admin console in a browser, I need to provide admin/admin as
username and password.

Issue is when I try to send a message to a queue through admin console, when
I do so, I get error message

*jvm 1    |  INFO | Stopping vm://localhost#0 because Failed with
SecurityException: User name [admin] or password is invalid.*
/webconsole-embedded.xml/ has following entryTo me, looks like, admin
web-app is using same username/password pair (admin/admin) when it
authenticates itself with the broker though different username and password
is mentioned in /webconsole-embedded.xml/ file. For some reason, userName
and password property values in file /webconsole-embedded.xml/ are getting
ignored.

If I modify /jetty-realm.properties/ with below entry
yogesh: yogesh123, admin
and use these credentials to log-in to admin console, I can send message to
a queue through admin console without any errors.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

regards,Yogi