activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Queue showing negative count
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 05:52:53 GMT
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ/  Create an account, log in, and
there will be a Create button at the top.

It's not possible to have a negative number of messages, therefore the bug
is that the count is negative following a failover.

But to be clear: as far as I know it's possible to occasionally have a
count that's temporarily negative due to race conditions if messages are
flowing in and out at high rates.  I've assumed that what you're seeing is
a count that is consistently negative, not just that you see a negative
number on occasion that's non-negative the next time you refresh the
page...  If I assumed wrong and this is just sporadic and temporary, then
don't submit a bug.

Tim