activemq-users mailing list archives

From daelliott <my_fo...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: Help with Camel Config routing using a custom ActiveMQ Message Property
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:22:55 GMT
Currently the configuration is just pulling from a remote queue to a local
queue and that is it.
The Camel XML config file just has a FROM and TO XML tag.
Some changes are being made upstream that will send messages to my system
that I may not want.
That is the reason for wanting this filtering.

The DLQ is currently used if the message can't process so we can do some
root analysis on it and fix it.

The consuming executable application of the local queue is set to Individual
ACKs of messages.
How the messages are ACK'ed from the remote server I don't know as there is
only the "from" and "to" tags.
You mentioned to ACK the message after consuming it. I'm guessing you meant
in the consuming executable application.
If you did, I was hoping to get the message from the remote server and
filter it out before having it hit the persistent
storage in ActiveMQ and that way the consuming application doesn't have to
deal with it at all.

>From some of the responses and what I have found online, the following seem
to be true
  * There is no /dev/null or anything remotely related - I have to route the
message somewhere I create
  * I have to create something to process that queue in some fashion to
clear it out

Could someone address the retrieving of the property?
Does that look right?
   <simple>${in.header.FirstProperty}='msgType1'</simple>

Thanks