activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Loucas <andy.lou...@outlook.com>
Subject Artemis 1.2 - possible mem leak in Management API (via JMS)
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 09:02:43 GMT
Hi,I'm using Artemis 1.2.0 with an embedded broker and I'm following the documented code under
"Using Management Via JMS" so I have this to get the message count:
        try (            QueueSession session = connection.createQueueSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
       ) {            Queue managementQueue = ActiveMQJMSClient.createQueue("activemq.management");
           QueueRequestor requestor = new QueueRequestor(session, managementQueue);
     Message message = session.createTextMessage();            JMSManagementHelper.putAttribute(message,
"jms.queue.exampleQueue", "messageCount");            Message reply = requestor.request(message);
           requestor.close();            return (int) (Integer) JMSManagementHelper.getResult(reply);
       } catch (Exception e) {            throw propagate(e);        }
After introducing this code I would eventually get an OOM in my app, profiling revealed certain
instances were going up each time it was called and never went down after GC, e.g.:
org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.LinkedListImplorg.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.LinkedListImpl$Nodeorg.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.LinkedListImpl$Iterator
I do not see this behaviour with other code reading and writing to queues in my app. Let me
know if you need more details to investigate.
Thanks,Andy