activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marko Asplund <marko.aspl...@gmail.com>
Subject Recommendations for Message broker, protocol and client library
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 20:33:21 GMT
Hi,

I need to implement a reliable work queue where multiple (~5) producers
will submit tasks for consumers (~10) and I'm seeking practical advice on,
which messaging broker, protocol and client libraries to use.

Producers and consumers will likely reside in different data centers, so
connections need to be encrypted and authenticated. Message size is
expected to range from tens of bytes to tens of kilobytes and JSON will
probably be used as the data representation. Our system is coded in Scala.

This use case appears to be bread and butter for ActiveMQ and Apollo, but
which broker would you recommend for us?
What about messaging protocol (AMQP, OpenWire, ...) and client library
selection?

marko