activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alexis Hassler <alexis.hass...@gmail.com>
Subject JTA Transaction in a MessageListener
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 11:33:51 GMT
Hi,

Lately, I've sent a PR to the Narayana project in order to support JTA
transactions in JMS MessageListener.

In this PR, I started a JTA transaction in the onMessage method. The PR
will be rejected because starting the transaction in the onMessage is too
late : the message has already been dequeued.

My problem is that the integration test (with artemis) passes, and I don't
understand why.

Can anyone explain me why it works, and how which test I can do to prove
that the solution is not relevant ?

Here is the PR : https://github.com/jbosstm/narayana/pull/1004
And the MessageListener is here :
https://github.com/hasalex/narayana/blob/master/ArjunaJTA/jms/src/main/java/org/jboss/narayana/jta/jms/MessageListenerProxy.java