activemq-users mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.com>
Subject Re: [Artemis, Qpid JMS] Sending persistent message to Artemis blocks while transformer runs?
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 13:21:21 GMT
A durable message won't be acknowledged by the broker until it is written to disk.  The transformation
is almost certainly being done before the message is written to disk so the sender ostensibly
must wait for the transformation to complete before it receives the ack from the broker.

Potential workarounds:

  1) Speed up the transformation logic.
  2) Send non-durable messages.
  3) Use an out-of-band transformer so that the message is written to disk before the transformation
occurs.

Can you elaborate on how you've configured your transformer?

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Karlsen" <MKarlsen@idbs.com>
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 7:47:31 AM
Subject: [Artemis, Qpid JMS] Sending persistent message to Artemis blocks while transformer
runs?

Hello All,

I have a Qpid JMS messaging client sending a persistent message to
Artemis. I am finding that the send() method is blocking until the
transformer I have configured in Artemis completes (which takes
several seconds).

Can I confirm that this is intended behaviour? i.e. if a client
sends a persistent message it only gets acknowledged as sent
once the transformer completes...

Are there any work-arounds whilst ensuring that the
messages are stored in event of Artemis shutdown?

Thank you & regards,
Matthew