activemq-users mailing list archives

From npatel <neel.pa...@fmr.com>
Subject Why Connection Username and Password are made mandatory for LDAPLoginModule
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 15:43:41 GMT
I am using ActiveMQ 5.13.3 version. I see that to configure LDAPLoginModule
it requires Connections Username and Connection Password to make connection
to LDAP directory.
Because of this I am required to store Password inside login.config file in
a plain text and that is not compliant with security policies.
I would like to know why it was made mandatory to supply credential to talk
to LADP. If possible how to put encrypted password within login.config file.

Here is the snapshot of the code of
org.apache.activemq.jaas.LDAPLoginModule.java class.

<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4712259/Capture.png>