activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ data directory
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 07:26:41 GMT

> On 5 Apr 2016, at 05:23, Natarajan, Rajeswari <rajeswari.natarajan@sap.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> I have below questions/assumptions . Please let me know if they are correct
>
> the data directory size (along with Kaha DB)in activemq   increase linearly with number
of (same size) messages.

Well - in chunks - maxFileLength is the maximum size of a message log. When the first is full,
another will be allocated - so if you aren’t consuming the messages, or have a slow consumer
- the number of message logs can build up quickly. They also get periodically garbage collected
when all messages referenced in a particular log have been delivered successfully to consumers.