activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Warnings when there are more than expected members in the cluster
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 03:55:28 GMT
As I understand it, Zookeeper bases certain decisions on whether the number
of actors taking a certain action is above or below a threshold that's set
based on the total number of actors, so I'd think that changing the number
of actors in the cluster might cause unexpected actions to be taken because
there are suddenly more than the expected number of actors (making it more
likely that you'll get over any particular threshold).  I'm not sure if
there would be any other negative consequences.

Tim