activemq-users mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject AMQP Client Hangs after abrupt disconnect
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 20:24:15 GMT
I'm using Camel AMQP Component (which uses Qpid under the hood) to connect
to Artemis.  Both are running locally on my mac.  My routes are simply:

from("amqp:queue:incoming").process(exchange -> {
            System.out.println(exchange.getIn().getBody());
        });

        from("timer:incoming?period=500")
                .process(exchange -> {
                    exchange.getIn().setBody("Boop "+new Date());
                    exchange.getOut().setBody("BoopOut "+new Date());
                })
                .to("amqp:queue:incoming");

After I terminate the client abruptly and restart it (for durability
testing), I'm seeing the broker not deliver messages to the consumer.
After I restart the broker (even when the client is still running), I see
the consumer start back up.

I'm wondering if this is an issue w/ Artemis or with Qpid.  Has anyone seen
something similar?

John