activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Shannon <christopher.l.shan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Force Producer to fail when blocked by slow consumer?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 17:44:56 GMT
Yes those settings are configured on the server side because it's the
server that decides when to block.  The broker is only going to throw an
exception to the client if those settings have been enabled otherwise the
client is just going to wait for space.

As you pointed out I think the only other thing you can do on the client
side is that timeout setting, but you said are seeing it hang on close.  It
does seem weird to me that it would hang on that close request and not be
able to process that so there could be a bug there.

If you could submit a small unit test that shows the close hanging when the
producer is blocked that would be great and someone could look into it to
see if there is some improvement that could be done to fix that.
Otherwise, when I get some time I can try and reproduce the issue and
create the test case.