activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Natarajan, Rajeswari" <rajeswari.natara...@sap.com>
Subject RE: MasterSlave config ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 18:02:07 GMT
I am trying to understand, sorry if I sound , I don't believe you or skeptic. I have an application
with the broker url defined as below  (with shared file system)

failover:(tcp://<hostname1>:61616,tcp://<hostname2>:61616.

When I failover I see the web console and see one consumer on the fail over host ,as the application
is having a consumer and got a message ,but did not acknowledge (delaying it on purpose for
a use case) during failover.. In our use case, there will be messagse sent to the queue and
we do some processing ,but not acknowledging the messages ,unless we get a condition satisfied
,which might take some time. So when a failover happens within that time ,all such messages
will be moved to DLQ?
Is there any way to  have them in the same state as before in  the fail over host.

Thank you,
Rajeswari

-----Original Message-----
From: tbain98@gmail.com [mailto:tbain98@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Tim Bain
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:41 AM
To: ActiveMQ Users <users@activemq.apache.org>
Subject: RE: MasterSlave config ActiveMQ

Quoting from what I originally wrote you: "or if there's a consumer
on the failover host that tries and fails to consume them."  Consuming a
message but not acking it == failing to consume it.  The failover
functionality works, despite your apparent skepticism; retry your test with
no consumers if you don't believe me.

Tim