activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows7/ActiveMQ-CPP: getaddrinfo returning “No such host is known” for [::1]
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 14:04:35 GMT
On 04/07/2016 09:53 AM, Wayne Johnson wrote:
> I'm working on modifications to my code to support dual stack environments on Windows
7 et. al. The code uses ActiveMQ-CPP (3.8.4). I've set this up to use a connection to the
broker on URI "tcp://[::1]:61616". I've already found I need to compile APR with APR_HAVE_IPV6.

> Now the issue. When APR's call_resolver() method calls getaddrinfo() with the hostname
"[::1]", it returns "No such host is known" (code 11001).

> I can ping [::1] without an issue. I've tried uncommenting the ::1 entry in hostnames.
I've added the Internet Protocol Version 6 checkbox on my interfaces.Any ideas what I'm missing?
You might want to ask the APR developers on their mailing list (they are
not on this list) about the internals, probably won't find many folks
here who are that knowledgeable on the subject.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121