activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paulon <onei...@dnb.com>
Subject Force Producer to fail when blocked by slow consumer?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 15:18:18 GMT
Hey,

we have a setup whereby we are sending persistent messages to an MQ in
SessionTransacted batches.

The problem we are facing is that if the MQ fills up, our producer blocks
indefinitely.

We dont have control over the server side queue, so we need to be able to
abort sending (rather than wait forever)

We have set the sendTimeout on the connectionFactory however, while this
throws the expected exception, any attempt to do a session.close() blocks
waiting for a Response object.

Is there a way to get the blocked send call to just fail/timeout to enable
us to close the session/connection object and terminate the thread/process?

Otherwise we are at the mercy of a slow/poorly configured consumer that can
block our system.

Cheers!