activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Help with a Failover testing that shows missing messages
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 01:58:23 GMT
Did you read Art's post where he suggested that your problem is that you're
breaking the network connection between brokers with non-durable topic
subscriptions, which is expected to lose messages?

To test the theory, temporarily change your consumers to use durable
subscriptions and see if the message loss stops.  Just remember to remove
your durable subscriptions when you're done testing.

Note that this might or might not be a valid solution for you in
production. It will depend heavily on whether your consumers are always
online or sometimes offline or if they disappear unexpectedly with no
guarantee that they will remove a subscription. But at least it will let us
test whether Art's theory is correct.