activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: activemq-all jar tight coupling with log4j
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 17:26:09 GMT
On 03/29/2016 12:30 PM, stak wrote:
> In a particular application, logback is being used for the application
> logging. When the application added dependency on  activemq-all 5.13.1 jar
> in order to access ActiveMQ, it appears that activemq-all has dependendency
> on log4j which seem to conflicting the whole logging and made it cumbersome.
> why is activemq-all tightly dependent on log4j?
>

> --

The all jar is a quick way to start messing around with a broker and
client etc but once you reach the point that you seem to have you should
start pulling in the specific dependencies you need like
activemq-broker, activemq-kahadb-store and whatnot.  Odds our you don't
need every single broker feature and custom tailoring will allow you to
use the things you need and leave the rest out.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121