activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Queue TTL
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 13:32:40 GMT

STOMP Message expiration in action:
https://github.com/apache/activemq/blob/master/activemq-stomp/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/transport/stomp/StompTest.java#L1810

On 03/18/2016 08:57 AM, shahbour wrote:
> If i got you correct , some headers on stomp are translated into JMSheaders
> , here they are http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html specifically in
> *"Stomp extensions for JMS message semantics"*
>
> BR
>
> Shahbour
>
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:21 PM Tim Bain [via ActiveMQ] <
> ml-node+s2283324n4709675h86@n4.nabble.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought (assumed, I guess) STOMP was just the transfer protocol but that
>> once the message made it to the broker it would be treated like any other
>> message.  So I had assumed you would set the same headers as for an
>> OpenWire message, including JMSExpiration.  Did I assume wrongly?
>> On Mar 18, 2016 6:53 AM, "shahbour" <[hidden email]
>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4709675&i=0>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks i intercepted the message and added an expires header to the
>> STOMP ,
>>> ActiveMQ stomp doesn't support ttl right ?
>>>
>>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 4:38 AM Tim Bain [via ActiveMQ] <
>>> [hidden email] <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4709675&i=1>>
>> wrote:
>>>> Time to live must be set by the producer; I'm not aware of a built-in
>> way
>>>> to set it from the broker.  The one thing you might be able to do is
>> use
>>>> an
>>>> embedded Camel route to set that attribute on each message as they are
>>>> received by the broker, but I've never tried that so I can't promise
>>> it'll
>>>> work.
>>>> On Mar 17, 2016 1:33 PM, "shahbour" <[hidden email]
>>>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4709663&i=0>>
wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hello
>>>>>
>>>>> I want to set a default Time to live for all messages in a queue ,
>> is
>>> it
>>>>> possible and how
>>>>>
>>>>> BR
>>>>> Shahbour
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> View this message in context:
>>>>>
>>> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Queue-TTL-tp4709580.html
>>>>> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
>> discussion
>>>> below:
>>>>
>>>>
>> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Queue-TTL-tp4709580p4709663.html
>>>> To unsubscribe from ActiveMQ Queue TTL, click here
>>>> <
>>>
>>>> .
>>>> NAML
>>>> <
>> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml
>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>>
>> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Queue-TTL-tp4709580p4709670.html
>>
>>> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
>> below:
>>
>> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Queue-TTL-tp4709580p4709675.html
>> To unsubscribe from ActiveMQ Queue TTL, click here
>> <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4709580&code=c2hhaGJvdXJAZ21haWwuY29tfDQ3MDk1ODB8LTE4Mzg3NzU0ODM=>
>> .
>> NAML
>> <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-Queue-TTL-tp4709580p4709676.html
> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


-- 
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/


Mime
View raw message