activemq-users mailing list archives

From Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Virtual Destinations via Jolokia REST Api in ActiveMQ 5.13.2
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 13:50:55 GMT
Sorry - I was a little vague.

I’d use a Camel route that called a bean to determine the recipient list.  That bean would
load it’s configuration from a file, DB or whatever you requirements are.  The bean would
also be able to update it’s configuration when the file changed.  You could use another
route in the broker polling for a configuration file, and then update the beans config when
you got a new file.

I didn’t work through all the details, but that’s what I was thinking.

> On Mar 18, 2016, at 7:09 AM, Tim Bain <tbain@alumni.duke.edu> wrote:
>
> In non-embedded Camel, it's possible to define routes at runtime via the
> Java API; see for example
> http://nigap.blogspot.com/2012/02/camel-create-routes-dynamically.html?m=1
>
> I'm not sure if it would work for an embedded Camel context, but it might.
>
> Tim
> On Mar 17, 2016 5:45 PM, "Quinn Stevenson" <quinn@pronoia-solutions.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes - the Camel route would be static, but you could use the recipient
>> list EIP to dynamically determine where the messages are sent.
>> http://camel.apache.org/recipient-list.html <
>> http://camel.apache.org/recipient-list.html>
>>
>>> On Mar 17, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Adel Boutros <sta191919@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Quinn,
>>>
>>> Camel route is still a static way of doing it as I have to write it in
>> Xml
>>> file. It doesn't suite my test case which requires "dynamic" route
>> creation
>>> while the broker is running. Do you confirm this? Unless I have missed
>>> something.
>>>
>>> Just to compare with Artemis, for example, via Jolokia, you can create a
>>> "Divert" which redirects messages from Topic to Queue via a REST call to
>>> the running broker. The same applies to Qpid Java broker.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Adel Boutros
>>> Murex SAS
>>> www.murex.com