activemq-users mailing list archives

From Nuno Oliveira <nuno.olive...@geo-solutions.it>
Subject Re: Multiple virtual topics and messages routing to consumers
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 01:26:33 GMT
Thank you for the feedback.

I have created a simple test case for this based on one of the ActiveMQ basic examples (attached
to this mail - App.java).

I create two producers, one that will send messages to virtual topic VirtualTopic.> and
another
one that will send messages to virtual topic VirtualTopic.MIGRATION.

And I create two consumers, one that will consume from queue Consumer.ConsumerA.VirtualTopic.>
and another
one that will consume from queue Consumer.ConsumerB.VirtualTopic.MIGRATION.

Sending one message to each virtual topic I would expect something like this:

    Consumer 'ConsumerA' received: This message was from topic 'VirtualTopic.>'.
    Consumer 'ConsumerB' received: This message was from topic 'VirtualTopic.MIGRATION'.

But I get something like this (the messages are replicated to all queues):

    Consumer 'ConsumerA' received: This message was from topic 'VirtualTopic.>'.
    Consumer 'ConsumerB' received: This message was from topic 'VirtualTopic.>'.
    Consumer 'ConsumerA' received: This message was from topic 'VirtualTopic.MIGRATION'.
    Consumer 'ConsumerB' received: This message was from topic 'VirtualTopic.MIGRATION'.

I tested this using the default configuration with ActiveMQ versions 5.9.0 and 5.13.2.

You told that you were able to get this behavior with a sample. I would be very grateful if
you could share that sample :)

Regards,

Le mardi 15 mars 2016 à 13:36 -0600, Quinn Stevenson a écrit :
> Is there a specific reason the default configuration won’t work for you?  (Either don’t
set anything, or explicitly set the default of

--
==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:   +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003
Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o nel/i file/s allegato/i
sono
da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario
del messaggio, per le finalità indicate
nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi
preghiamo cortesemente di darcene notizia via e
-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema.
Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo
anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità diverse,
costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and
use of
the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the
provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree
June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose,
any disclosure, reproduction, copying,
distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except
previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender
by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any
warranty or accept liability as the content,
accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made
after they were sent or for other risks which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.