activemq-users mailing list archives

From itelleria <telle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Production ConnectionFactory configuration with Spring
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 10:10:50 GMT
>From my point of view, one difference between SingleConnectionFactory and
PooledConnectionFactory is that SingleConnectionFactory reuse the same
connection among all the listeners/consumers and PooledConnectionFactory
shares a pooled of connections among the listeners/consumers.

I think if I use DefaultMessageListenerContainers (DMLC) and a
PooledConnectionFactory together, the pool might run out of connections
because by default every DMLC keeps an opened connection. Therefore, if I
had got three DMLCs per application by average, and one hundred application
deployed in the server, I would have 300 connections opened in the server.

Here there is a similar post about this issue:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/25930513/1918308 Based on this answer, it seems
it isn't recommended to use DLMC and PooledConnectionFactory together.

Using a SingleConnectionFactory per application, there is a decrement of
number connections. Following the previous example, I would have 100
connections, one per application.

Until now, is there any mistake in my approach?

The thing is that I want to go a step further. Bearing in mind the
connection object is stateless, I am considering to reuse the same
connection among all the applications. Might there be performance problems
if all applications share the same connection?