activemq-users mailing list archives

From Frizz <frizzthe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: No performance improvement using PooledConnectionFactory (AMQ 5.12.1).
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:53:55 GMT
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Timothy Bish <tabish121@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... and for the case of many senders you might
> indeed see a performance drop since you are now reducing the number of
> connections to what looks like eight, so all those producers are now
> restricted to eight connection to shovel all their data through.

But without a PooledConnection, the number of connections would be = 1, no?

More details: My test application creates 250 MessageProducers, each one
running in its own thread. Connection/Session/MessageProducer are only
created once - and never closed. Messages are sent in a loop per thread, as
fast as possible.

I don't see why a PooledConnectionFactory (connections > 1) does not result
in an increased number of messages/second - compared to a
non-PooledConnectionFactory (connections == 1).